Friday, August 26, 2011

I wish I had taken pictures!

Over the course of the last couple weeks the post we live on has decided to redo everyone's roof so its the same red metal. Well this process is the slowest one I've ever been a part of. The first day about two weeks ago they took off all the old shingles and left the mess all over our yard (which also meant we couldn't get out of the house..); old roof tape, nails, shingles etc. At first I thought okay well I hope they clean it up...well a week went by and they came to weather proof (I think that's what they were doing anyway) our roof and also take off the gutters (which left the dog and I stranded in our house basically all day again...which means the dog held her potty...you heard it, she HELD HER POTTY ALL DAY! So good!!!) I wish I had taken pictures of this mess....but of course me not thinking it was going to be that big of a deal I didn't. They cleaned up the big stuff, I mean they better right? Isn't that part of their job? They left all their nails and roofing tape everywhere some was even in a pile in our backyard. Me thinking, ya know its okay they'll clean it up after they put the new roof on led to be a mistake. Our cute neighbor (who helps us and lets us use whatever he has that we need whenever we want AND gives us tomatoes...gross I know, but Dave and Ethan love them) and I were talking the other day and he told me he got an email from Dugway that basically was someone complaining about the mess the workers are leaving and a couple people's tires have nails in them and are flat. Well I guess the workers hate that the renters are complaining and just started not caring even more and just decided to leave their mess.Irresponsible people really upset me! So this morning I came to my senses and realized that they weren't going to be cleaning it up anytime soon, if at all, and if we wanted to go outside and not come back in with nails in our shoes and feet/paws then I must clean it up. So I took a garbage bag (once again I wish I had taken pictures of this mess) and went out to clean it up. It took be half an hour to pick up all their tape, nails, cig buds, little plastic circle things, wood, and shingles. At least now our house looks better without all that crap laying on our patio and lawn!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Oh wow. That's super annoying. SUPER annoying.