Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween decorations with the kids

So I needed to figure out what to do with the kids this weekend. I wanted to do something easy with little mess since our last art project got EVERYWHERE. I am still finding finger paint on the walls :-/  I found this spider egg thing that I thought would be cheap and easy... and stupidly I also thought it wouldn't be very messy....well it was cheap with glue, cheesecloth, balloons, and the spiders it only was about $8. We did forget to get the fishing line when we went to Tooele. Dugway doesn't have things like that. So we used yarn to tie the spiders on and hang it up. But it WAS SUPER messy! Here is our cute project!


It took FOREVER to dry so I ended up finishing it Monday afternoon after the kids had left to go back to school. It turned out way cute!
Also so my mom said we could also make ghosts out of glue and cheesecloth. I really wanted to try it! She said flour and water would make good glue but I looked it up and decided just to do it with watered down Elmer's glue. It ended up working very well. so I made some ghost too (at this point the kids got bored and were off playing with Pookey). I used some gems I had for eyes.



Also for breakfast we made cinnamon roll pancakes which were super yummy but I had three and should have only had one, and ended up with a tummy ache (I forgot to take pictures of them o-well).
Later we went to the dog park and also decorated night shirts (they LOVED that!! It took them about an hour and a half maybe more..) Here's some more pictures!


fun weekend!

1 comment:

Hill said...

You are always doing so many projects! I love it!! Eric and I are den leaders, so i may steal your ghost idea for scouts!!